December 01, 2014
This year we welcome the return of The Merchant’s Mill – filled to the brim with holiday gift ideas of art, giftware, clothing, and jewellery. Stop by to see the ecclectic collection of cool items.
Across the bridge to Janet B Gallery & Studios in the old mill (Cascades).
In the blue building, next to the mill is the Goddess Fab Jewellery DesignStudio & Biker Goddess Chic Collection Design Studio. 17 Division Street, Consecon, PEC, ON
Open by Chance & By Appointment
SHOPPING FOR WINE FOR THE HOLIDAYS VISIT
Red Tail Vineyards in Consecon the County’s only off-grid vineyard.
Call 613-394-3243 for more information.
The HAMLET LCBO is open with full service LCBO offering both spirits and beer as well as a full service convenience store.
This year’s parade features the
- Prince Edward County Pipes & Drums
- Brighton Legion Highlanders Band
- 413 Airforce Pipes & Drums
- Napanee & District Caledonia Pipe Band.
Also participating are the crowd favourites
- Consecon Branch Library will be holding an Arts & Crafts sale from 10:00 am till 4:00 pm.JOIN IN THE PARADE WITH YOUR FLOAT, CLASSIC CAR, HORSE, WALKING AND MORE!,
Anyone wishing to participate in the parade, may do so by entering a float,
driving their classic car, coming on horseback, or walking on their own or
with a pet, it’s not too late to get involved. To take part,
interested folks can register early by contacting Heather Marr at 613-394-5093,
or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up by 12:30 pm on
November 16th. at the junction of Consecon Main St and Mill St (County Road 29)
in the Village of Consecon.Awards will be presented for
- Consecon United Church will be holding a Bake & Craft Sale from 10:00 am till 3:00 pm
- Rameses Shriners – Belleville
- most original float
- the best band
- the best horse
- the best walker.
MASONIC HALL AT SANTA CLAUSE PARADE
- Refreshments will be available in Santa’s workshop at the Masonic Lodge from noon on. After the Parade
- Santa will be handing out chocolate Advent Calendars to all the children
- There will also be a children’s craft centre for making Christmas decorations, and assistance for children in writing their Christmas wish letters
- “RJ the Balloon Dude” will be handing out a balloon toy of their choice.Post Parade, from 2:00 till 5:00 pm
- Cascades Pub & Grill will kick-off their fourth annual “A Time To Share” and hold a fundraiser with all proceeds going to Wellington’s Storehouse Food Bank featuring a Bowl of Chili and a Bun ($5.00) and Hot Dogs ($2.00) and Free Hot Chocolate. For your enjoyment, Peter Rea of The Reasons will entertain in support of this worthy cause.
Come out and attend and/or participate in this County tradition, the lead off event in the County’s Christmas celebrations. Help make this the best Santa Clause Parade Consecon has ever held!
November 01, 2013
The Ameliasburgh Ward 4 Recreation Committee is sponsoring “Adopt A Pole For Christmas in Consecon”. Pick a pole in the village from the junction of Consecon Main & Mill St down to the junction of Mill St & Store St, and decorate the it in time for the Santa Claus Parade. Cash prizes will be awarded for the best decorated poles, $50.00 for 1st place, and $25.00 for both 2nd & 3rd places. Decorations must be removed by January 31st.
November 01, 2014
VISIT OUR HOLIDAY ART DISPLAY OF 7′ NUTCRACKER SUITE CHARACTERS while visiting Consecon. Walk along or drive through to see these wonderful hand painted characters that brighten Main street. Many thanks to the artist and creator, Steve and the Ameliasburgh REC Committee.
[supsystic-slider id = 6]
Behind the scenes brings you The Making of the Nutcracker Suite Characters.
Believe it or not, the Consecon Santa Claus Parade is just around the corner, Sunday November 16th, @ 1:00 pm. VOLUNTEERS TO HELP DECORATE THE CARA FLOAT CARA is looking for volunteers to help decorated the CARA float to be entered in the parade. Anyone interested in being part of the team, is requested to come to a meeting at Geraldine Demierre’s garage 221 Mill Street (County Road 29) on Saturday, November 1st at 10:00 a.m. If you have any questions or sug- gestions, please call Toby at 613 392-4410 or e-mail her.
Local resident Janice Maynard has won a second term on County Council, but unfortunately Nick Nowitski has been defeated by pre-amalgamation Ameliasburgh Ward Councillor Roy Pennel.
The Firelight Lantern Festival is returning to Prince Edward County Saturday
November 15th, the night before the Consecon Santa Claus Parade. Using
watercolour paints, rice paper, and a 1950s printing press, they will teach
you how to monoprint like a pro. This is a beginner course so everyone is
welcome. The first lantern-making workshop is this Saturday, October 4, at
the Consecon library. In this hands-on workshop participants will create
one-of-a-kind printed paper which will then be used to create beautiful
lanterns for The Firelight Lantern Festival. Space is limited - register by
emailing email@example.com. $10 per lantern, all supplies & instruction
provided. Trust me, you will have FUN! — with Jenn Bryant. For more
information about The Firelight Lantern Festival check
September 23, 2014
WARD 4 AMELIASBURGH ALL CANDIDATES MEETING
AMELIASBURGH TOWN HALL, MONDAY OCTOBER 6TH 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Recognizing the need for an All Candidates Meeting in the North of the County, the Ameliasburgh Town Hall Working Group, and (CARA) the Consecon and Area Ratepayers Association Inc are pleased to advise that we are holding a pre-election Town Hall Meeting.